Thursday, April 23, 2009

Watch Out, Pele!

Yesterday, Rusten started his first sports program! It's through an organization called Fun Sports, and they have an Itty Bitty league for 3-year-olds. They meet for four weeks, and they will cover two weeks of soccer, one of basketball, and one of t-ball. We are going with our family friends--the Jacksons. Luke and Rusten love doing stuff like this together.

Rusten did well!! It seemed, though, that it was even too basic for 3-year-olds. Rusten was bored. They kicked the balls around a little, then they played duck-duck-goose. Real athletic. It requires parent participation, and Rich was more than happy to be in there teaching his son about sports--until it came time for duck-duck-goose. Rusten was on his own. He sat there so patiently and quietly. From where I sat, I could see his halo. Then, afterwards, a parent came and told me that when Rusten got tagged, he said "no." They told him he had to get up and run, and he said "No I don't." Oi!

So it was fun, and next week, I guess they're going to actually try to play a game of soccer. How you go from duck-duck-goose to a game of soccer, I'm not quite sure.....but I'm excited nonetheless!








4 comments:

  1. Watch out Pele? Watch out Pudge! In three more weeks, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Reed doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is eating a piece of pizza and talking on the phone at the same time. How does he do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, Katie!

    Mom (a.k.a. Mimi)

    ReplyDelete