Friday, June 13, 2008

My Imagination Station

Since I don't have a camera, picture this...
I finished feeding my youngest, so precious son. I'm noticing that it's relatively quiet in the house, and I went in search of my eldest son, eagerly wondering what amazing things he was accomplishing for the good of humanity. Turns out, nothing good. I opened up the bathroom door (which he had closed) to find toothpaste EVERYWHERE. I'm currently washing the bathroom rugs and had to strip him down, if that gives you an idea of the damage.
As I'm writing this, I've had to stop and "handle" Rusten for having his arm around Reed's neck in a sort of choke hold, all while he's laying on him. I swear Reed is going to be the toughest kid ever. The other day (another imagination story), I heard Reed crying and it was because Rusten had opened up the recliner on Reed sitting next to it, and cut Reed's toe. Being the nurse/mommy that I am, I doctored up the toe and set him back down to play. Next thing I know, I turn around and Rusten is holding Reed under the footrest of the recliner and trying to shut it on him.....all while he's staring at me to see what I'll do. Can we say 2-years-old? Don't worry, he didn't get off on that one!
Reed is now standing up on things. He is growing up so fast. He's 7 months old and I caught him standing at the couch two days ago. He also now ventures around the house. Where he used to sit in the living room and play, now he'll come find me in the kitchen or the bedroom. He's so fun!
Finally, for those who are following my camera saga, I called a local repair shop yesterday and they didn't even need to see the camera.....she said, and I quote, "it's toast". Though I wish I had it......my son just walked out of his room in underwear and cowboy boots!!

1 comment:

  1. You certainly have your hands full, Katie! I'm praying for you and your little ones.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete