Monday, September 1, 2008

Operation Clean-up: Day One

I'M TIRED! We went over to the house today around 9, and we were there until 5. I tell you what, those baseboards and walls have never seen light so bright as they do now!! I scrubbed my fingers off. My mom came and helped me clean out a disgusting pantry - but boy how it sparkles now! She was awesome to have with me - nothin' better than your momma! She ended half-way through putting the shelf paper in the cabinets in the kitchen. Rich even joined in on the cleaning action and was vacuuming for me in the high places - such as the tops of the cabinets.
There are still many baseboards and walls screaming for release from the grime that keeps them bound. There are bathrooms that need a DEEP cleaning! We also bought paint tonight, so that will be on the agenda as well over the next couple of days.....sayonara faux finished wall....hello......you'll just have to wait and see the color!! Do I have you baited?
We are going to preschool in the morning so I can get some things done, then we'll head to the house for naptime and I'll get back to work!! I'll try to remember to take pictures - maybe some before and afters.
Until then.....I sleep!

2 comments:

  1. The fruit of your labor will come soon:)

    Love Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what color did you end up choosing?? :)

    ReplyDelete