Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gasp

That was me taking a breath.
Much better.
Life has been consumed with work, as every January should be, right?! This has been a heavy week. Not only has our schedule been busy lately, but there have been many emotional and spiritual battles. It's almost overwhelming, but for the grace of God. I've been clinging tight to His word, and I don't miss a quiet moment with Him--I can't afford to!
I was asked the other day to explain, using scripture, what God has been teaching me over the last year. I was easily able to cough that one up--God and I have gone round and round about it. Yet again, it surfaces. I believe it's a result of me saying that I've been learning, so God says "you think you learned it, huh? We'll see." It's good though because I see that I have a long way to go!
So far this year, it seems like Satan has tried to steal my focus and purpose. I've been spending time before God trying to get it back, and get it back stronger. We have been distracted with sickness after sickness, personal attacks, and I just flat out feel beat up.
Sorry to be such a downer. I never blog, and when I do, I depress you. **sheepish grin**
Well, I hope my bootstraps are strong enough to help me up one more time....

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Katie! If your bootstraps aren't strong enough, He will lift you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God and I are at odds these days. 6 years of infertility and 6 miscarriages....I just can't fathom why he would do that to me after a life of growing up being abused. Seems like it's one thing after the next in my life and I guess I'm just waiting for my rainbow and have been wondering that if God were to be the provider of all things, then why is he not providing for me?

    I'm sure someday I'll see the big picture, but for today, it's just me living my life and hoping for the best and not depending on God anymore....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~HUGS~ Some days are easier than others, heck some years are. And dont you know that everything seems to pile up at once.
    Praying and rooting for you but you have the best help you can get. God is on your side.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete