Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Say A Little (Big) Prayer for Them....

Our friends, the Champions, have suffered a great loss yesterday. John Champion has passed away. What an amazing man he was. I have never seen someone with such a debilitating cancer serve so wholeheartedly at church. He would be there every week bright and early helping move a cord, or set up a chair--the only problem was that he could hardly walk and could only use his left hand. What an amazing guy! He puts many of us to shame in his commitment to his Savior. I envy him today, as he is standing before our Lord face-to-face. Wow....what a thought.
Tonight, as we were sitting down to eat dinner, Rusten began praying as usual:
"Thank you Jesus for our food, Amen."
Rich: Wait, son, let's pray this: Jesus
Rusten: Jesus
Rich: Please
Rusten: Please
Rich: Help the Champions an---
Rusten: [pointing his finger into his daddy's face] No, I do it my own. [closing his eyes, again] Please help the Champions. gibberish, gibberish Amen.
We love you Champions and you are in our prayers!

1 comment: