Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Tender Moment

As we were putting the boys to bed tonight, I carefully cradled Reed in my arms and sang to him, kissing his soft cheeks. I put him in his bed and I pulled his covers up and tucked him in. I went over to Rusten's bed and knelt down beside him. I continued our ritual lullaby and was kissing on him as I sang. I whispered in his ear, "Rusten, do you know that mommy loves you?" His gentle reply was "YES, Master Sheefu."

5 comments:

  1. How sweet! It makes me think of the time we had been listening to the story of Antshillvania, and I awoke to the sound of my little girl's voice saying to me, "You are my son and I love you."

    Mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris used to always insist upon being tucked into bed. How I miss those days now. He doesn't let me tuck him anymore. Sadness. I do get a hug now and then though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flippin' hilarious. I almost wasn't able to read this out loud to Brianna who also laughed hysterically. No words can express the hilarity of that comment.

    ReplyDelete