Son, I love you--even though as I write this, you're screaming in frustration at Mater and McQueen and throwing a fit.
3 years ago today, you were born at 2:37 pm. You gave us all a scare when your heart rate was dropping, and to see your little 6 lb. 7 oz. body was the best. I will never forget how you looked when they put you up on my tummy right after you peed all over the doctor--serious, I have pictures of you doing it! But you weren't crying, you stared very intently into my eyes. You didn't look away, it was as if you were dying to know where you'd been the past 9 months, and you were soaking it all in--you were reading my eyes. You weren't breathing properly, so they took you away after only a couple of minutes, but I'm so grateful for those few intense minutes.
I had taken several different drugs to try to not feel any of your labor and delivery. Unfortunately, I felt a lot of it, and I felt spacey for hours afterwards. After our first encounter, I didn't hold you much until later into the early evening. Then I just admired you. When you first were born, I swear you were a mini-me to your Grammie....I gave birth to my MIL. Later into the evening, you began to take on your own look. Everyone kept commenting on what a beautiful baby you were.
Here we are, 3 years later. I can't believe it. You are an amazing little boy. You are full of energy and you love to find out where boundaries are, you're not content to just live life. You are so sweet, yet so obstinate! Me and Daddy pray so much for wisdom in raising you, because you are so strong willed, and we want to make sure that you stay strong-willed in following God. We pray over you every night that God will develop you into the man of God He desires you to be. And, ever since you started having nightmares, we pray that God will fill your dreams with visions of Him and His plans.
You are strong, son. You are precious. Daddy and I love you, and we love it when you love on us.
Happy Birthday, Rusten!
Happy Birthday Son!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Rusten! I've always felt that birthday's should be celebrated by the mother too. So many memories of their baby's birth.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Rusten! what a great post, they grow so fast dont they waaaaaaaa.......
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Rusten!
ReplyDeleteAmy
Happy Birthday, Rusten! You are charming and wonderful, and Mimi loves you soooo much.
ReplyDeleteMimi :-)
Happy Bday (belated), Rusten! I can't believe you're three!
ReplyDelete