Wednesday, March 5, 2008

First March Blogging

Wow! Another week has passed by since I wrote last - I can't believe it! Time is just flying...
We have been consumed with getting ready for the launch of the church in the school this coming Sunday. We don't advertise to the public that we're open until April 6th, but we'll be in the school the next few weeks just working out all the kinks and getting everything running smoothly. We bought a trailer to store everything in, and Rich and I have spent many hours trying to get it all organized and set-up for easy access (loading and unloading).
Through our time of church at Rusty's Pizza, we decided that we liked sitting at tables for church, so our church is going to break tradition, and we will have tables instead of rows of chairs. Rich and I took on the task of centerpieces for each of the tables, to include an offering depositry(?), a place to hold communion, a pen holder, and a neat something for it all to sit on. Yesterday the women got together and sewed up some really nice looking tablecloths for each of the tables. Here's pics of what we came up with...


Keep in mind it's a world theme - like missional. They'll look real sharp against the more neutral tablecloths. We still have some things to get together before the opening Sunday, but we're getting there.
In the mean time, we've been healing up nicely around here. Rusten has had a hard time recently sleeping through the night. I'm not sure what that's about - I assume because he's sick. My two year old wakes up all night, but my 4 month old sleeps a good 12 hours. What's that about? Well, last night, the up-all-night-bug hopped to the other kid, and Reed was up all night. Unfortunately, I now have a sore throat and congestion now, so it was a bad, long night. But, it is a sunny and beautiful day, and that helps!
We are getting ready to leave for the library for preschool reading time, so I better rap this up, but in closing, here are some pics from the week. Also, after seeing Reed's video, Rich and Rusten wanted one, so I've also included a video of them doing what Rusten begs to do all the time - "Shoot Beer".

The best seat in the house, apparently.

My bath mummy!

"Shoot Beer"

No comments:

Post a Comment