Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's the Big One!

For as long as I've known Rich, he has dreaded this day. There is no terror in 50, no fear facing 40's doorstep, 31 even draws a smirk. But 30. 3-0. The mere mention of the number sends shivers up his spine. What a glorious day this is, though.
I love you, Rich. I praise God that you're 30, because that means that my kids have their dad another year. It means my best friend is still here for me, and I for him.
I know that you don't want me making a big, hairy deal about your birthday. I'm sorry if I've upset you by heavily encouraging you to have dinner with everyone last night, and insisting you have a birthday cake. I'm just so proud of you. You are an amazing husband and father. You are an awesome role model and teacher. You have grown like a weed in your spiritual walk, even in just this past year.
I realize this is sappy and you don't like that either. I just hope you know my heart and know how much I love you. Thank you for being you--for challenging me and helping me grow!
Here's to another great year--this time in the 30's!

2 comments:

  1. There has to be mush every once in awhile.:) Happy Happy Birthday to Rich! Tell him dont worry I am 9 months behind him;) Its all how you feel-wait scratch that how you act that ought to make him feel young.;)

    Love Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s this post is a trillian times better than the bug.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete