Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More Rustenisms

In the past when I lay Rusten down for his nap, I'll see him look up at the window and say "Oh, there are my butterflies". I've always tried to figure this out. I've even crawled in bed next to him to look up into the window and figure it out. No luck.
Well today, I saw the butterflies. We walked into the kitchen in the late afternoon to clean up in there and get ready for dinner and the sun was shining through a high window directly into the kitchen. Rusten was so excited when we walked in and yelled "BUTTERFLIES". I turned around and saw him grabbing at all the little particles that are visible in the direct sunlight. It was so cute. His face lit up and he spent the next 15 minutes or so trying to catch the butterflies. I even got in trouble for walking through the butterflies--oops.
We are really seeing a HUGE increase in Rusten's vocabulary. He says the funniest things now, and I really need to get them all on here! Tonight at dinner, Rich was trying to get Rusten to guess who was coming over in a bit. Rusten couldn't figure it out, but Rich was insisting that he guess. Here's how it went down (the abbreviated version):
Rich: Guess who's coming to see us?
Rusten: Uncle Faniel?
Rich: No
Rusten: Uncle Faniel, Mimi, Papa?
Rich: No
Rusten: I don't know, who?
Rich: You have to guess.
Rusten: I don't know, who daddy?
Rich: Guess.
Rusten: Answer my question.
We busted a gut laughing. Where did he learn to talk like that?? He said he learned that from Daddy--who knows. It was so funny and so matter-of-fact. Kids are hilarious at his age, but also trying. He and I have many battles of the will during the day.
I love you, Rusten!

3 comments:

  1. How cute! Just the other day Ryan discovered all the dust particles floating in the air and wanted me to clean it up! LOL Nice thought Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answer my question. HAAAAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, he sounds adorable!!! My kids are constantly saying funny things that make me laugh hysterically! I never thought of the dust particles as butterflies...it's so funny the things they notice, that we never see!!

    Visiting from SITS!! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete