Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Verdict Is In

It's Bronchealitis (or something to that effect--right before pneumonia).
Yes, we're sick again.
We returned home to a sick Reed. He had a fever and congestion like no other. I've started him on his inhalers again, but with the fever and the way he's acting, we decided a trip to the doctor was in order.
At the doctor, we learned that some kids are more prone to wheezing and bronchial infections. Luckily, Reed is one of them. Ugh. She won't diagnose him with asthma until he is older because of the fact that some kids react this way to infections. They had me give him a nebulizer treatment which was miserable for both of us. Reed H.A.T.E.D it, and because of that, I wasn't loving it much either. He screamed for the entire 10 or so minutes and fought me. I wanted to pop that mask on and hook it up to something stronger for myself once the ordeal was over! Seriously...not really.
He sounded much better after that treatment and we shall continue with our inhalers. We also have an antibiotic which I need to get filled--at Walmart so it's only $4!! It's been forever since I've been to Walmart--just thought of that and I'm smiling!
Rusten is still well and is a booger because he's been around grandparents all weekend. He thinks he can just whine or whatever to get what he wants. Um...no...momma don't work like that. I remember my mom saying it would take her a long time to deprogram me after I stayed with grandparents and now I see what she's talking about--times 2!
Well, I must go clean something, anything would be nice, and make dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. Every year, my kids go all winter without getting sick and then in early spring, it's MONTH O SICKNESS. Which is what we're going through now. Blehhh.

    ReplyDelete