Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dear Mr. Banker-Man,

First, I want to appologize to you for not picking your window when it was open. I realize that Jeanette wasn't ready to help me yet, but I prefer her. She knows my business and frankly you scare me.
I just wanted to thank you for giving my son candy without asking me first. It was a real treat to watch him light up over the free candy cane that he didn't even have to sneak behind my back--you did that part for him. I realize that perhaps you don't know the epic battle my son and I are engaged in right now over food. You may not be aware of the fact that the child sneaks candy all day long and I chase him around the house punishing him for it. I know you just saw that sweet face and wanted to give him some candy. I'm sure you weren't trying to butter me up so that next time I would pick YOUR window.
Just a little thought though, when someone suggests to you that maybe you should ask parents first before handing unsuspecting children candy canes, please don't disregard the validity of the suggestion and laugh it off. I'm pretty sure it was a serious suggestion and you should consider it such.
Lastly, I'm sorry that I didn't laugh with you at your effort to shrug off what you did. I was preoccupied with trying to figure out how to take the candy cane away from him without initiating World War III. I promise I'll pay more attention to your funny little oops jokes next time.
Again, thanks for the candy, Rusten will be over later after he finishes it and you can run around with him, mkay?!
Your Favorite Customer,
Katie

4 comments:

  1. Lol!
    I actually bribe the kids I nanny for to run such errands with the promise of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad told me a sory once about me being a few years old at the doctor and they asked if I could h ave a sucker. My dad told them no but when he wasnt looking they apparently gave me one anyway. You never know which kid is allowed to have it so they shouldnt randomly give out candy unless its halloween .ha

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. People like that totally annoy me! Grr!

    There's an award for you on my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously how irritating! i totally understand i am battling with one of my boys at the moment about food too! being a mom can be so tough.... and so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete