Monday, December 8, 2008

Spreading Christmas Cheer: Christmas Parade

Last Thursday was our town's Christmas Parade. We took the boys and met my mom, brother and their neighbor's family downtown. We left the house WAY too late. Live and learn--we'll be better prepared next year.
I bundled the boys up. I put two pairs of socks on each of them. However! Reed is in to taking off his socks and shoes right now. By the time we got downtown, he had all four socks and both shoes off. I took off my seatbelt and turned around (like every mother must from time-to-time), and commenced to re-dressing his tootsies. He then thought it would be funny to pull of my beanie. AHH! So we park and Rich gets Rusten out and I go to get Reed out, and guess who (again) no longer has socks and shoes on. Can you guess??? It took forever to find a parking place and get to an okay place to see the parade. We kept joking that we could drive back home and watch it on tv....wait, was Rich joking?
Once we were there, it was fun. My mom made hot chocolate for everyone and I brought candy canes to stir in. Rusten really enjoyed it! He was sad it was over and wanted to find another parade to go to...
My most favorite Baby Reed in the whole world!

Daddy and his little man!

Mimi and Rusten having fun watching the "floats"...more like a bunch of firetrucks and a few marching bands...but whatever.

Daddy and Baby Reed.

Mimi and Baby Reed.

Overkill? You shoulda seen it when he had the mittens on too!

My most handsomest men watching the parade.

1 comment:

  1. cute pictures. And not overkill it has been cold at night.


    Amy

    ReplyDelete