Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Spreading Christmas Cheer: Advent Chain

The other night, I finished up making an advent chain with Rusten:

I musn't take credit for this idea though, I stole it from Raquel. Thanks, Raquel!

I think Raquel uses nice scrapbooking paper, but I went for good, old, cheap construction paper--of the red and green varieties. I used all my different scrapbooking scissors to cut 25 2" strips. Then I wrote the number on one side, and an activity on the other. Each day is something new to do: Watch a certain Christmas movie that's on tv, go to the Christmas Parade, drink hot chocolate. You get the idea.

Last night, we made Rich watch Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. He wasn't a big fan, but Rusten loved it. He was begging to watch it again.

So here's what the chain project looked like:




I thought I'd also include what was going on while I was working on this project....the boys were seeing who looks best in Rusten's new glasses. What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Rusten looks the best in HIS glasses. hehe But the other 2 look cool too;)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Your blog is very creative and colorful. your creations are extremely attractive. How did you cope with such ideas?..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make my blog cute like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you liked the project! my kids love it, tomorrow when i get my computer back i am going to post the first few day i cant wait i love the holidays!

    oh i do not like the grinch movies was it the cartoon or the the one with Jim Carey. like it matters i dont like either lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love homemade crafts at Christmas!!

    Loved your comment on the bump sticker - you're right. I wrote a novel back in my comments.

    You non-reply bloggers slow my roll!!! ;-)

    Em

    ReplyDelete