Yesterday we went to Winco with Mimi to get some grocery shopping done. I didn't have much to get because we're in the middle of a pay period and I've got it covered, but I did need a few groceries for camping this weekend.
Anyway, I had Reed sleeping in his car seat in my cart, and my mom had Rusten, not so asleep, in her cart. As we were discussing refried beans on the ethnic foods aisle, there was suddenly a crash, and the pungent aroma of Tapatio filled the air. Yes, my son, who had already been told several times not to touch, smashed the largest bottle, glass mind you, of the stuff. So, we marched straight up to the front to let the people know about the spill and straight into the bathroom for a much-deserved spanking.
We got back and apologized to the people cleaning it. They were laughing at how mortified I felt, assuring me that there's never just one spill in a day. So.....we keep shopping.
Now it's time to check out and I have both kids in my cart. As I'm unloading the apple juice, yep, you guessed it, I dropped it on the floor. The lid popped off and apple juice was everywhere! So, out comes the floor cleaning lady....again! She laughed when she saw it was me. I assured her that I didn't want her to be a liar and wanted her to have more than one spill that day. She told me that they were going to have to ban me from the store. Ugh! She was a very nice lady!!
To top it off, though I didn't see it, my mom says that the checker took a big swig out of the lidless apple juice off of the floor. Blah! Winco is no Albertsons! If it weren't for the drastic difference in pricing between Winco and Albertsons, I would be all about the Albertsons. Sort of like the Walmart v. Target debate.....only pricing makes this one easy for me!
And that's not all that happened...I was so upset about the clerk drinking the apple juice and running it over the scanner - on my bill - that when it came time to get my cash back, we both (the clerk and I) forgot about it. I realized it when I got home, and had to drive back to the store to retrieve the money. Ugh...
ReplyDeleteMom