Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our (Belated) 4th of July Fun!

It has taken me several days to upload our 4th of July photos.....slacker, I know. We were supposed to go spend the afternoon and evening with our friends, have steaks, light fireworks...it was all planned out. Then our kids had to go and get sick. I'm not sure that they are contagious, it could just be allergies with this nice, brown, smokey valley air, but I didn't want to take the chance of infecting their kids. So, we went to Plan B (which was a welcomed alternative).

We headed over to my parents house. Their whole block got together for a block party with a huge blow-up waterslide and kiddie pool. They have quite an ethnic array of neighbors, and the food reflected that. It was delicious and fun! Although, I had to keep my eye on a little neighboring thief. A little boy stole Rusten's shoes and insisted (in Spanish, mind you) that they were his. As a team, our family just kept our eyes open for when he took them off and we just stole them puppies right back!

We stayed for some fireworks, but for the first time in his life, Rusten wasn't a big fan. This was his 3rd 4th of July celebration, and the first time he cried. It probably didn't help that we were the only people on the block who had legal fireworks. Everyone else had fun and pretty fireworks, that were a touch on the loud side. It was a wonderful celebration with family and friends with some neat ministry opportunities sprinkled in!
Rusten playing in the kiddie pool. He really enjoyed this pool!
Reed playing with the neighbor's dog. I kid you not, that dog took Reed's pacifier later and was sucking on it, just like a baby. It was hilarious! I couldn't get my camera fast enough. (Don't worry, I trashed the paci.....no amount of soap in the world would clean that good enough for me!)
Reed enjoying the festivities!
Rusten mad because he's getting his picture taken!
We found out the little neighbor girl is a bit protective of her toys!
Rusten and daddy playing with a sparkler.

No comments:

Post a Comment