Our trip to the beach was so exciting, it surely gave Rich something to talk about! He NEVER likes talking on the phone, and if he's getting into such a comfortable position to talk on the phone, something big must have happened!

So here's the
haps, peeps! We went over to
Pismo on Friday night and camped until Sunday. It truly was a fun weekend. On Saturday, we drove to Avila Farms and enjoyed some ice cream and fed the animals. I love that place! I have many (some not-so) fond memories of Avila Farms when I was a kid. We used to go there every year and pick flats (yes, plural) of blackberries. We'd wear gloves and pick our little hearts out. One year, as we were waiting for the hay ride to the fields, an employee came skipping out of the store towards the tractor. As she was merrily skipping with her arms flailing straight out, she exclaimed (in the most annoying, high-pitched, valley-girl style voice you can imagine) "Does anyone want to go pick blackberries?" I can still see the look on my dad's face, "Did she really just say it like that?!" It has since been a long-standing joke in our family.....good times!
Anyway, back to the weekend! After the farm, we headed into Pismo for lunch at Splash...mmmm! We took the boys back to the tent for a nap. Unfortunately, our tent was in the sun, and I think the inside temperature was around 246 degrees. Needless to say, they didn't really nap! Then, while Rich went to go pick up firewood with his dad and his brother, I took the boys down on the beach. We played in the waves. They both LOVED it! We had a blast and ended up chasing two sets of flip-flops and a pair of sunglasses into the ocean. What a hoot! That night, we had steaks for dinner. Mmmm! It was Rich's father's day dinner, since this was his father's day gift.
On Sunday, we went to the Old West Cinnamon Roll place for breakfast. The BEST cinnamon rolls ever, if I do say so myself! Then we went back and packed up camp....ugh! When we were done, we met everyone down on the beach and played in the sand and waves. A big group played beach volleyball......Rich is still sore! Once we were done, we headed back to camp, had some lunch and headed home.
It was a great beach trip weekend. The boys did so good! Reed had one rough night, but he's been so sick lately, we're sure it was just that.....especially after our trip to the doctor yesterday. I told Rich I want to go camping again before summer is over. Camping at the beach is a blast! I'm used to mountain camping, but I now enjoy beach camping much better! We are going to try to buy a bigger tent and head out soon!
Reed enjoying the animals at Avila Farms.
Rich and Rusten looking at the "kites" (goats).
They give you a bag of food for the animals....it was fun to watch the boys feed them!
Reed trying his hand at feeding a sheep.
First of all, this is the freakiest looking cow...ever! Big bulging eyes, enormous tongue, ew! But, he enjoyed the flavor of my son!
Boys v. GirlsRusten's throwing dirt while Milena just plays nicely!
Papa taking good care of Reed and Rusten has to give brother a (sandy, I'm sure) kiss!
Miss Becca was trying to get Rusten to fill the bucket and take it back to what they were building......not so much cooperation on his part! He'd rather fill it, dump it, fill it, dump it.....
Daddy and Reed having fun in the waves!
Uncle Nate wanted to take Rusten out in the water. Rusten loves the ocean and loves to see how far out Mommy will let him go!
Somewhere behind the splash is Auntie Sherah.....look out!
Okay, turn your monitor over....This is Rusten in a sand car that I built him. He LOVED it and didn't want to leave the beach because of it.
Cruisin' with his feet up on the dash!
"Go away, mom! And put the camera away! I'll never pick up any beach chicks like this!"
"Low-Ri-Der"
How fun!!! I wanna go camping, too.
ReplyDeleteMom :-)