Today, coupled with a very emotionally charged weekend, was a LONG day! It was supposed to be my day off, when I can clean the house and grocery shop, you know, all the motherly/wifely things of life. Today, it was not meant to be.
After fighting with ants all weekend long, I was ready to give my house a good scrubbin' and get all that Raid out. I hate that it's everywhere and Reed crawls around....it scares me! We went to our swim lessons - which by the way, Rusten is a little independent fish - and came home to eat lunch. I put the boys down for naps and commenced Operation Scrub-a-dub-dub. Moments into my mission, I discovered another battalion of ants, and I immediately called the manager here who informed me that the ant-man (not related to the sandman) was going to come out this afternoon and spray....YEAH!! So I stopped cleaning my bathroom to make sure that he had all the access he needed to all the nooks and crannies which were in dire need of extermination services. So he comes and literally leaves puddles EVERYWHERE of the stuff. I asked how long it took to dry, "I don't know, about 15 minutes." Three and a half hours later, we still had standing ant juice. What should have taken no more than a half hour to clean the bathroom was three and a half hours. Then I had to hold Reed the rest of the afternoon because he couldn't crawl around until everything was dry. Therefore, my menu planning, grocery shopping, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, etc. were all on hold.
So without doing the grocery shopping, what do you suppose we eat?? Mom's food! We went over to my parents house and had some chicken - yum! We wanted to see my dad's new motorcycle anyway. Soon after dinner, Rusten walks up to Rich and pukes everywhere! Ugh! Now we're cleaning carpets at Mimi's house!
So all that to say, I have dirty floors, no food, no road map of the food that needs to be bought, a baby on antibiotics, a toddler with a fever and a slight case of the up-chucks, an ungodly pile of laundry on my bed, my clean sheets next to my bed and begging to be put in place, and two tired parents! It's been a long past week, weekend and day. Jesus give us grace!
Wow Katie, I hope life slows down for you in the upcoming days. Poor kiddos. I hope they get better soon.
ReplyDeleteIt must be ant season because we have had more lately too.
Amy