Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chomping at the Bit

That's what I'm doing right now!! I am anxiously awaiting THE phone call from Mr. Homeowner Vince. When he calls, it's our green light to go sign the lease and get the keys. We can't officially move in until the 15th, but I will have those keys in my grubby little hands and I can dream about moving things. Also, I will be able to clean so that everything will be ready to go on the 15th. Maybe we'll even get to paint a little before we move....who knows.
Last night Reed woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. I tried rocking him back to sleep, but he wouldn't have it. I pulled out the bed in the living room, and tried to make him sleep there with me....nope, he wanted to crawl. So after some time, I decided to go for a drive. I drove over to the new hood - and that's what I found, the hood. Or hoodlums. As I was turning onto the street that leads to the street that leads to our street, there was a group of three delinquents on bicycles roaming about. But it was the last one in line that bothered me.....he had a metal bat! Call it profiling or whatever, but no good comes from three juvenile delinquents riding around with a bat at midnight.
So my heart slowed down to a more normal pace, and I drove by our house. I drove up and down the street praying over all the houses. I was praying that God would give us ideas to reach that street, and ultimately that neighborhood, and evangelize it! I drove a couple streets over, continuing to pray. As I was getting ready to turn back on to the main street, there they ran in front of my car....with their bat. I think this time, my heart stopped. I was saying "O Jesus, protect my baby and me." The one in the lead stared me down a bit, but they kept right on cycling. In hindsight, I suppose I could've just run them over had it come to that....after all, I had four wheels and they only had two (each).
So my heart slowed down to a more normal pace, and I kept driving and praying. I drove through my parent's neighborhood and stopped at their house to pray for awhile over them. Then we drove home, put my sweet pea to bed, and I hit the hay. A few short hours later.....here I am!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds kinda creepy Katie but you know the Lord is on your side and will protect youand guide you to clean up the neighborhood.

    BIG hugs
    I will pray you get more sleep tonight.
    Love Amy

    ReplyDelete