Friday, August 29, 2008

A Refreshing Baptism

Recently (yes, this is still catch-up and wasn't included in my last blog), The Way Fellowship (our church) had their first baptism. We partnered back up with our sending church, The Oaks Community Church, and we did all of our baptisms together. Though it was a very hot day, it was so refreshing to watch.


From our church, we had Dennis Fraze get baptised. He and his wife, Susan, recently started attending The Way, and they are from that area. Awesome people! What a critical addition to The Way they have been. Susan has really jumped in to help anywhere she can. Here's his baptism experience...


Then there's the Hodges. I cry every time I think about their spiritual journey. When you have been through what we've been through to be a part of a specific ministry, and then you get to witness the fruit of the ministry, it is the most amazing and rewarding feeling ever! What an amazing couple Allen and Amy are!! They recently dedicated their lives to the Lord and immediately signed up for baptisms. Here's their pics and video, but I encourage you to read about their experience from Amy's perspective...here. Amy frequents The Cupboard here, and blesses me quite a bit!!

Last but not least, I don't know who this family is, but they really touched me. This is a family of 8...yes, that's right....8! They all were baptized at once. I cried.....oh yeah, waterworks in full force! Right before the dunkin', the father said a few words. In a nutshell, he was committing his family to Christ, and through this act of obedience, was submitting to the Lord's help in raising all of their boys. Wow....I wish you all could have been there!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I love it! thanks for posting that Katie.
    I too was super touched at the big family.:)

    Love Amy

    ReplyDelete