Monday, August 18, 2008

God's Got Us On The Move

This was a very eventful weekend, and I have pictures and video and stories to tell. I have many a blog lined up and ready to scribe in my head. Hopefully I'll have time soon to write them all. But this one couldn't wait!!
We have recently begun the search for a new place to live, as our lease is up at the end of September. One of our big desires was to be near the school where our church meets. We have been praying that God would guide us. Rich found a house and talked to the owner a couple of times. It's right at the edge, and maybe dangling over a little bit, of our monthly budget, but the deposit was only $500 - praise God we've actually been able to save that up! So we went to see it on Saturday. That's almost a whole post itself!
The house was filthy! The people were moving out, and the owner (who lives out of town) was completely embarrassed by the state of the house. Let's just say they had a few pets and a severe clutter problem. Anyway, the owner told us that he was going to have to come back another time for a week and clean the place. So we turned in an application. At that point, he told us that he had 5 other applications already. Oh well, WE have God! We just submitted it to God and prayed that if He wasn't in this and wasn't going to provide, that we wouldn't get the house.
So yesterday, while we had the youth doing a scavenger hunt at the Marketplace, we were talking to Kristina (our only other youth leader) about the house. As we were telling her about it, Vince (the landlord) called Rich and told him that he looked over all the applications, but he felt like we were the ones for the house. Wahoo! We were ecstatic!
I'm so excited, I cannot even begin to tell you! We are finally getting to move out of this apartment! It's going to be a stretch because we'll be moving sooner than we planned. We'll have to pay our full rent here for September, then a half month for the house on the 15th, then a full month for the house October 1st. I'm not sure how that's all going to play out, but I do know that God has not let us down yet!
We have been talking this weekend about hearing God and about how you tend to hear Him more when you're praying about His plans and not yours. It's interesting that we set our sights on being missionally minded and desire to work where He's working in the Stonecreek area, and when we submitted that to Him, He gave us peace! A few blinks later, here we are! We will live less than 1/2 a mile from the school.
God is good! I'll catch you up on the rest of our life soon! Just to bait you....we saw Ryker, a crazy rodeo, and a few dunks!

No comments:

Post a Comment