Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One of THOSE days!

Do you ever have one of those days that you just can't seem to win? Yeah, that was today!
I started out running behind. The attorney I work for from Susanville called to discuss a petition I drafted, and I have to tell him "I'm sorry, I'm changing a diaper and need to bathe two kids!" How professional is that, I ask you?! We all get ready and go running out the door for what was supposed to be a FREE well-baby appointment for Reed. As you may, or may not, know, we have shelled out many a peso (because that's the currency here in North Mexico) in the last few weeks paying for Reed to see the doctor and try different medications. We calculated about $250 in about two weeks for two doctor visits, Amoxicilin, Claritin, and Albuterol. Ouch! (But on a bright note, through that time, God blessed us several times from a couple different sources, and we were able to pay for it all!!)
So we go in today. We are 21 lbs 4 oz, 29 inches tall. Then she looks in his ears......oh, hey there familiar ear infection, sir....welcome back! Then she listens to his chest, as it rattles with phlegm. We left, after a LONG discussion of paying for future follow-up visits, and gingerly turned in our prescription, afraid of what the nasty Pharmacy Assistant is going to say it costs.
So we stop by the church, complain about the lady hacking into my stuff at the church, and go home. The boys are down for their naps and I'm tidying up around the house before settling in to work, and I call to make sure that the prescriptions are ready. I ask how much.....mistake! Our new antibiotic is $43 and our new inhaler that we have to do twice a day.....are you ready.....$183!!! Can you believe that?! I was floored! We have been able to save some money up lately, so we have it - Praise God!! We were able to knock down the price of the inhaler a bit. That was a blessing! Rich went and picked it up for me so I didn't have to traipse my children all through their pharmacy again....I'm sure Kaiser thanks him!
I'm sure I have you riveted at this point....and it even gets better! We are getting ready to leave and run errands before we head over to Uncle Pat's for dinner. I bring in a massive pile of junk mail that has collected in my car over the last week, and I'm gonna throw it away. Not paying attention to the fact that I had just seen the stroller lying on the living room floor, I come through the door, heading to the trash can, and in my head I'm cursing the people who make and send junk mail. Suddenly, me, the junk mail, and the cup of koolaid are all lying in a heap on the floor. Let me tell you, it hurt! My knee, shin and elbow all took a beating, and my kitchen floor and dining room carpet took a Blue Raspberry Lemonade shower. What a mess. At that point, I'm not just teary because it hurt, but because I just can't handle one more thing!
Now I'm home and in my comfy clothes. The kids are in bed peacefully sleeping, and I'm getting to vent to those of you reading my blog. Tomorrow will be brighter....I just know it!

1 comment:

  1. I had a day like that Friday and somewhat Saturday too. But Sunday was the best day ever so yay.

    Hugs
    Here is to better days:)

    Love Amy

    ReplyDelete