Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Wonder Why I Have Ants?!

This was the scene after dinner tonight (and before I vacuumed!). Reed is trying table food now, and tonight, he dumped his whole plate of chicken, rice, carrots, broccoli, and fruit on the floor. He was quite upset by the loss of food, but mommy came through with more! I just thought I'd document his first dinner (of solids) here on the blog!

By the way, today WAS a good day.....not because everything in it was good, but because every time I started to get upset, I remembered what I blogged and the "Bubbly" song would start going through my head.

We went to the local museum for a water day - kinda a let down! I was really expecting something more than was there...but I guess it was only $2. Just as we were leaving to go eat at Jack in the Box with Mandy, Luke and Abby, Rusten tripped in the gravel and gouged his knee pretty good. He's generally fine if you tell him to kiss his booboo. Not this time, no way! He was screaming for all to hear, and all did hear, and all stopped, and all stared - except for one little boy who was following me as I was trying to maneuver my way out of the sun for a better look at the damage. He was insisting that I show him the cut:

"Let me see the cut, just show me"

"No, I'm trying to get it to stop bleeding"

"Well just let me see it real quick"

"Um, no, not right now"

A little help here, little boy's mom?! She thought it was funny....I do too - now!

We screamed our way through lunch at Jack, and came home for naps. Then we went swimming and that was fun and relaxing. A good day, a good blogging, now for some ice cream!

Maybe the strawberries or kiwi were a bit too tart? Maybe he just wanted to give his mommy a kiss? I bet that's it!

Get that food, messy boy!

Just the beginning...

"What, mom? What's so fascinating that you're taking a hundred pictures?"

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are so cute.:)

    p.s
    that looks like our floor here only we have mainly hard floors. lol

    Love Amy

    ReplyDelete