Saturday, November 15, 2008

Daddy, Come Home!

Rusten was upset tonight (mostly because I told him he'd have to wait until after bathtime to have his 'cokorn' {popcorn} instead of right after dinner). He was crying and saying "I want my daddy to come home!". Well, I concur.
I'm not sure how single moms do it! I'm used to handling them ALL-DAY-LONG-EVERYDAY, but every evening, Rich is here to help me--and help me, he does! He's always great about helping with baths and such. He's a great dad!
Hopefully their trip to Mexico was productive and inspiring, I know he was excited to go. While he was traveling abroad doing the Lord's work, though, I'm getting cabin fever with two little sickies who are finally doing better, but still carry the stigma of being on antibiotics because of 'strep throat'. I think we might have to bow out of church in the morning because they can't be in the nursery, and Lord knows when you're meeting in a school, there ain't no cry room 'cept outside. I, for one, would rather stay at home.
It's really late and I'm really tired, so I apologize for the randomness and disconnectivity of this post. I need to finish off organizing my scrapbooking stuff and then I can go to sleep. I stayed up until 1 am cleaning this place. I had to disinfect it. I couldn't take it anymore. It now smells so clean in here--unless the dog's in here, yuck. Isn't life so much rosier with a clean house? Anyway, so I went to bed late. Then kiddos woke up very early. I tried to nap, but I'm not real good at that. So here I sit. To think, I'd rather talk to you than get some sleep.
By the way, thanks for the comments on the new look. The header ain't singin' to me, but I'll keep working on it. Good night, and I'm sorry for even publishing this.

4 comments:

  1. Where do you find your motivation? I find so oftn that after working and being with the kids all day I have no time for house work and that makes me miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling of bleaching the house after a wave of sickness! Did you lysol and open the windows? That's what I do!!

    And yes, I have NO IDEA how single parents do it all. Sometimes I'll have the kids I nanny for all weekend by myself and it is insane.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were missed today as were the kiddies. I hope you guys are all feeling better.

    HUGS
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My motivation: OCD. I might have a little of that, or so says my hubby!

    ReplyDelete