Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Motivated Mom, A Walk, and Relief in the Outdoors

Your very own (over) achiever blogger as been trying out a new cleaning system. It involves a checklist, which is practically my favorite thing in the whole, wide world, thankyouverymuch! It's by Motivated Moms and it's basically a checklist of chores for each day. It's designed to keep your housework under 2 hours everyday and free up more of your time. I know as a SAHM, it's hard to to accomplish housecleaning, short of assigning a whole day to it--which, by the way, I used to do until now. So I'm giving it a shot and so far, so good. I enjoy feeling like my house is company ready at any time.

One of the daily items on the checklist is "Read to Children" and one is "Exercise". So today we did both! I read the boys a book and then we went for a walk. It was really enjoyable. Rusten has recently learned about dandelions and how he can blow them. I included some pictures. What I did NOT include a picture of was the dead cat in the gutter that Rusten was fascinated by, thinking it was poop. Go figure.

Later this afternoon, as I'm preparing dinner, Rusten wanted to go play out in the backyard with his dog. Fine. However, I look up and sprinklers are on and guess who's running through the sprinklers with his sweatshirt and cowboy boots--which by the way were on the wrong feet?! Yep, Rusten and Paylen were enjoying a refreshing spritz in the sprinklers. But that's not all peeps.

I realize it's awfully quiet out there so I go to my bedroom door to check on him. I see a little boy's buns. He has his back to me and his pants around his knees. I asked him what he was doing, and I startled him. He (so confidently) told me that he was peeing "right there". Oh, well okay then...carry on. What?! His response later, when daddy talked to him about it: "Paylen pees outside".

Tonight we went and ran errands and then stopped at the frozen yogurt place and had some as a family. It was a pleasant evening. Now, I shall sleep!

2 comments:

  1. "Sometimes you just have to stop and smell the -Dandelions!"

    Good luck on the new routine! Go Katie:)


    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job on the cleaning! i tend to do about 2 hours a day but then still psend a whole day cleaning. what is my problem lol!

    ReplyDelete