Friday, November 28, 2008

Favors?! YES!! Favors!!

And here they are:

(I forgot to take pictures beforehand, so the photo is courtesy of people leaving their gift bag behind...*sniffles*) I made a candle for each of them (when I say "made a candle" I mean that I bought a candle and decorated it with some ribbon and other niceties), tied together some cinnamon sticks, some cocoa, and some delicious chocolates. Just reminders of the cozy season to come.

I also made these two centerpieces. Each costing a total of.....are you ready.....$2.30. Yeah! I love me a good, cute deal! I got the vases and rocks at the Dollar Tree, and then all the foliage was from Walmart and each set was $.10.

Yesterday's guests included Rich's mom, his dad and Becca, Nathen, Sherah and Ryker, Patrick and Jackie (first Thanksgiving giving as an "official" part of the family!), Sean, Alyssa and Rylynn (Pat and Jackie's friends), and us! It was a lot of fun.
We also drew names for Christmas gifts. It was funny because we couldn't decide how to draw each other (i.e., couples, families, or individuals), and someone piped in and said they wanted their own gift, not a couple or group gift for their family. That solved the debate, and we drew individuals! The funny part is, each couple drew another couple! But I want you to know, Sherah, that I will get you your own gift......promise!!! :) It will be fun!

So, in closing, here's some pics from yesterday. Sorry there aren't more....I was a little busy, you know?!



So how was your Thanksgiving?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't believe your creative favors! You are so thoughtful!

    My hubby's fam used to do the 'draw' deal for Christmas but the past few years we have been doing a 'gift exchange' which is actually really fun. Everyone brings a present (our amount is $30 range)-and it's a present that THEY would want-that way you have a mix of male/female/gender neutral gifts, instead of all candles.....then you pick numbers to pick a gift. You go down the line of ppl choosing a mystery gift each time. OR, the person to go can choose from any of the gifts that have already been opened-so they are 'stealing' it from someone. It's gets fun bc there will be a few gifts each year that everyone wants (ie: a pile of scratch of lottery cards) that will go 'round and 'round the room of ppl. We've now set a three time limit-meaning after the third person steals the gift-that gift is out of play. Anyways, that probably sounds so confusing, but it's a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, your decorations and table look lovely! I'm proud of your domestic abilities - for next-to-nothing.

    Mom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great favor bag! and great job on the keeping the prices low that always is a good thing! Johns family does the drawing thing the last 2-3 years we have done you draw a entire family, next year Johna and i chose to opt out.

    everything looked great Katie! man i havent seen Connie in years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made favors for my guests too. My little cousin was sure to take any extras left behind home with him. He had to have the chocolate inside. Funny kid! I'll have to put pics of them up soon. I'm so far behind on comments and posting I feel I'll never get caught up. Your comment on my post today re. Venice cracked me up. I can totally see my daughter splashing in the water along with your kids. What fun for them maybe not so much for us or the shop keepers though.

    ReplyDelete