Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mother Of The Year! Yep, Right Here!

Okay, my boys are sick and not acting their best. I know that. Rusten had a come-apart this morning though when he learned about daddy's plans for the weekend. So I told him we'd run our errands and then go visit daddy for lunch.
We made our first stop at the church to drop off work and pick some up. While I'm standing there talking to Pastor Gary, I had already put Rusten in the car, and he was wandering about in the front seat. I finished my conversation, put the kids in their carseats and put the stroller away and shut the doors. That's when I heard it--*click*. On my car, when the driver door is open, you can hit the lock button, but it won't lock until all the doors are shut......and your keys are on the front seat, I think that's part of the combination also.
I called my husband to come rescue us and I'm pretty sure there were flames coming through the phone. I just don't understand why?! I mean, doesn't every mother lock her kids in the car like this on a regular basis just like me? Seriously. Ya'll are lying if you say no. Really? Yeah, that's why I'm getting the MOTY award today!
Luckily, Pastor Gary has AAA and in a jiffy they sent us a convict-looking-with-an-inmate-beanie-on-his-head man, who may have been on crack, and he got that door open in no time! I'm not sure, but he might also be self-employed doing this kinda stuff. I'm just sayin'. Meanwhile, Pastor Gary and I were busy putting on a puppet show through the windows of the car to entertain the boys--don't ask.
Needless to say, our errands were pared down quite a bit after this incident and naptime is a wreck. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha!! Too funny!
    This is why I always leave the window open a bit when the kiddos are playing in there...just in case!

    ReplyDelete