That's what we are.
Delicious, no?
Well, Rich is on a quick missions trip this weekend and I took the kids to the doctor on my own. Turns out, Rusten has strep throat and she put them both on antibiotics. Reed is starting to get better, but he still has a rash, and she didn't want to take any chances.
But here's my God story in all this. We have a deductible plan, which means we pay for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. It gets expensive quick! Example: Rusten's visit today, $65; Reed's was free because it was his regular check-up; Two antibiotics, $80ish. Yikes! So I asked if I could take my prescription elsewhere, instead of using Kaiser's pharmacy. They let me. I marched right on over to Walmart where their prescriptions now total.....*drumroll*.....$8. Yep, that's right, I didn't miss any zeros. I walked around Walmart saying "Thank you Jesus". People probably thought I was a bit crazy, but I was stinking grateful!!!!
So now, we mend. We quit festering and we mend. Daddy will be home in time for everyone to be honky dory. Oh the life of a mom--I love it!
Yeah, I didn't realize that different pharmacies charge different prices to fill Rx's....seems so strange! Then one summer we had no insurance and I quickly learned that Target pharmacy was my new best friend! (With my particular Rx it was even cheaper than Walmart!)
ReplyDeleteSorry you have some sickees. The kids I nanny for, all this week, have had: fever, colds, stomach bug and pink eye.....yay.........(different kids had different things....not all the same at once!)
8 dollars? That's great! Wish we lived closer so we could at least sit in our cars and talk :)
ReplyDeleteThank you ;)
ReplyDeleteOh man! I wish I had known that sooner! I spent $65 on two prescriptions this week. Bummer. I'm going to Wal-Mart next time.
ReplyDeleteHey, I really like the new decorations/colors on your blog. Very nice! :)
Yay for Walmart!''p.s I love your background here.
ReplyDeleteLove Amy
Nice new look, Katie.
ReplyDeleteMom :-)
we have to pay $35 for prescriptions but i often go to target because seems i can pay full price and get them cheaper, and even better when Rite Aid offers $30 GC for new or transferred!
ReplyDeletelove the new look very cute!
it's definitely good to check prices on the prescriptions...crazy how it can differ so much...thanks for stopping by my site...hope everyone is doing better!
ReplyDelete