Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Have Some Humble Pie Here--Care To Taste?

I took the kids grocery shopping today after our trip to Target. Target actually went fairly smoothly, and we ended the trip with an Icee and some popcorn. We made our way to Winco--a store I am equally in love with because I can save so much money!!
Shopping in Winco actually was also smooth. In fact, I had several people compliment the kids on their behavior. It's amazing how much less trouble they get in when they're busy carrying around a bag of popcorn.
Okay, fast forward to the checkout. Rusten and I load up the conveyor belt with our plethora of food. I made small talk with the nice young man ringing up my groceries, and like every good Winco shopper, began bagging my groceries while he finished his job. He nicely told me when he was done, "That'll be $197". Okay--better than I expected because my cart was F-U-L-L! I had made sure there was money in the checking before I left, and I pulled out my little ATM card only to hear that it was denied. I tried again. And again. Then I was sent to the ATM machine where all my cards were denied. Can you see my face--it's still red!!
I asked if I could finish bagging my groceries and go to the bank. He let me but was probably thinking I'm scum and I won't be back. Oh well. Just to make things a bit more tragic, as I was bagging my eggs-yep, you guessed it-the carton opened and dumped several out which shattered. I discretely fixed them in the bag-yolk and all-and left them. I was mortified enough, people don't need to know I can't hold my eggs either!
At this point, it's naptime and my boys haven't even had lunch yet. We set our full cart aside and make our way to the car and headed to the bank. I just got cash out--I'll "discuss" this issue with them later. I went back and paid for my groceries and we headed home. I was SO humiliated. I cannot even describe. But then suddenly I thought, "Hey, now I have something to blog about". I was able to pull through it and move on. Thank you bloggerland!

6 comments:

  1. atleast your kids were good:)
    Thank God for blogs.ha

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you are nice than me i would have asked for him to go get me more eggs wehile i sat and held up the line while i called the bank and made them figure it out right there =) but at least the kids were good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha.......yup, love having embarrassing moments to blog about! Lol!
    This one takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your embarassment.... I thought of you the other day when I put the milk jug in the microwave....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...I feel the love. Us crazies gotta stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! A very similar thing happened to my hubby with his card. Turns out the bank flagged a "suspicious" charge, but neglected to contact us and let us know they were putting a hold on his debit card!

    ReplyDelete